Saturday, September 06, 2008

Internet

though taken for granted, one can not be surprised at the ubiquity of Internet nowadays. I mean, not even this post could be possible without it, but like almost everything, you don’t think about something until you lose it, or don’t have as much as you would like to. Oh my, I think this transitioned to something other, but oh well.

My reading list for class... oh gosh, I haven’t even started to read it all. I did start to read, but oh god it’s so much. At least, one of the required readings for the Methods class, I already read a good chunk of it from my seminar class. Writing Culture: The poetics and politics of ethnography, is a very good book, though at times it’s heavy with the same posmodern jargon they are trying to dispel from discipline (anthropology). Quite a heavy undertaking if you ask me! I’m actually proud that I already read this, cause that means that our professor in undergrad taught us well, and some deep actual stuff. I should never think less of my education at the University of Puerto Rico.

Currently listening to Ghost from ladytron, awesome band. I wish that now that I’m in the US, I can catch a concert or show. (Cause next week there is a FREE Julieta Venegas Concert in D.C.). Also, Leave de Glen Hansard (which is the Once movie soundtrack).

No comments: